Easily and securely check your available balance, spendable balance, and ask common questions from any Alexa compatible device. Using this feature requires enrollment in our free online banking.
“Alexa, open Southern Bank.”
To use voice banking you will need:
- Any Alexa device (e.g. Echo Dot)
- You must have your own personal Amazon account
- Mobile Device with Amazon Alexa app installed
- Internet Access
- Valid Online Banking ID and Passcode
Amazon and Alexa are trademarks of Amazon.com Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Two ways to find your Voice Banking Skill
- Launch the Amazon Alexa app > Go to Skills & Games > Search for “Southern Bank” to find Southern Bank Voice Banking
- From your Alexa Device > say “Alexa, open Southern Bank”
Note: you will still be required to complete account linking.
To complete account linking:
- Sign into the Alexa app using your Amazon credentials
- Navigate to Southern Bank’s Alexa Skill page (refer to step 1 in Enable Skill)
- Click Enable to use
- Leave Device Country and Postal Code checked and click Save Permissions
- Click Settings
- Click Link Account
- Enter your login credentials and answer your security question
- Accept Terms and Conditions
- Create a spoken passcode (4-digit numeric). It's required to access account balances.